This blog is a collation of the innumerable memories of various people's interactions with Mr. Raghu Pillai. He has touched so many lives as a Leader, Retail Guru, Mentor, Advisor, Confidante, etc, etc. This blog is a tribute to his various facets and a memory to this great person.

Friday 15 April 2011

A Friend and a Mentor

Mr Raghu Pillai has been friend and a mentor, it is difficult to digest that he is no more with us.

On Sunday when I saw him it was hard to believe that he left all of us ...still having the same charismatic smile on him.

My association and memories go back to 1996 when we relaunched Spencers to Foodworld from then on I am yet to come across a leader where in you could talk to your CEO so openly be it on a professional or personal  front. Unfortunately I cannot pen down  everything I have experienced.  I'd like to thank Mr.Raghu Pillai, For his helpful giving ways, For his generous heart and unselfish displays.
 
I won’t forget his kindness, his own style of inspiring all of us and leaving a positive impact for the the people around.

Whatever I am today, I owe my success to my mentor Mr.Raghu Pillai.
Sir, Even though you are not with us, I will always Cherish those memories ,experience, learning’s  are blended and imbibed in me.
May God rest your soul in peace and give courage to his family for to recover and cope up with the loss.

Srinath S worked with him as part of the RPG Foodworld team and is now Senior Manager, Pantaloon Retail (Central & Brand Factory).

No comments:

Post a Comment