This blog is a collation of the innumerable memories of various people's interactions with Mr. Raghu Pillai. He has touched so many lives as a Leader, Retail Guru, Mentor, Advisor, Confidante, etc, etc. This blog is a tribute to his various facets and a memory to this great person.

Sunday 1 May 2011

The Raghu I remember

Reliance, in the beginning, used to be a whirlwind of meetings. The ones I loved to attend were the ones presided by Mr Raghu Pillai. It was amazing to watch him watching everyone. His knowing smile and twinkling eyes said it all. If someone would try to spin yarn around any issue, or "give him english", as he called it, his smile seemed to say- You think I was born yesterday!

Me and my husband, both worked for him at Reliance. When he heard about our engagement, he came to my desk and said- "Congrats Mona, good catch!"Then he just winked and left. I was so stunned to say anything that time, but now this small incident always makes me laugh.

That's the Raghu I remember. Always smiling, always ready with a witty comment and always there to cut through the nonsense.


Mona Bhageria Adurty worked with Mr Raghu Pillai at Reliance Retail and is now Regional Manager, Modern Trade West with Whirlpool of India Ltd.

No comments:

Post a Comment