This blog is a collation of the innumerable memories of various people's interactions with Mr. Raghu Pillai. He has touched so many lives as a Leader, Retail Guru, Mentor, Advisor, Confidante, etc, etc. This blog is a tribute to his various facets and a memory to this great person.

Friday 15 April 2011

Tiger Boss!

I had always admired the Tiger Boss (as I always called him and he knew it!!) for his way of talking and the speed at which he wanted things to be implemented. Spencer Travel was going through a slow development phase and was it 2002 that the Tiger took over as head of Travel as well. What a change that brought about. He just told us to go out and get new business and not to worry about the rest. The years under him were probably the best that Spencer Travel did with new accounts in the bag. I will always cherish the memory of having him, Rajakrishnan and Mr.Mohapatra coming into my cabin for their morning tea (we were the early office types). I always kept in touch with him after he left RPG and my only regret today is that I could never meet him in Mumbai since I moved here. RIP Tiger Boss....you will always be in my heart.

Dinesh Devidas worked as part of Raghu's team in Spencer's Travel and is now the Sales Manager - India,  Korean Air, GSA - Acumen Overseas Private Limited

No comments:

Post a Comment