This blog is a collation of the innumerable memories of various people's interactions with Mr. Raghu Pillai. He has touched so many lives as a Leader, Retail Guru, Mentor, Advisor, Confidante, etc, etc. This blog is a tribute to his various facets and a memory to this great person.

Saturday 16 April 2011

Raghu - Guid​e, friend & a BIG bro

I actually heard about Raghu only when I joined Reliance Retail & my first encounter with him happened during the first sales review of Home format way back in early 2007..

When i heard him first, i was immediately attracted towards his simple approach towards business... everyone spoke of GM%.... I still remember what he said to all... "GM% to bank lekar jaayega... Tumne apne liye kya kamaya hain?" although after a while but i understood that he is referring to RGM...

Such was the aura of this person that i never felt nervous or had any complex to ever approach him... i always felt it very easy to put across my thoughts to him which helped me great deal in establishing some path breaking products in our pvt label line... One fine day i informed him that we sold more towels than bread in a day at Reliance Fresh... He burst out laughing & said nothing but am sure he was happy that his cats were getting more sales aggressive. As a Manager he always wanted cats in his team & not herd of sheep's...

Yes! More than a big boss he came across as more of a guide, friend & a BIG bro personality... Under his shadow I was never afraid of doing new things as i was very well aware that "Apne piche Raghu bhai hain"

I somehow learnt one thing from him is to simply think BIG! & keep the business very simple.

Somehow this untimely tragedy took him away from us... but Raghu will always be remembered whenever I add milestone in my career path!

Shiv Nayak worked with Raghu in Reliance Retail as part of the Home Team and is now the Head-Merchandising & Buying at Reliance Home Store Ltd. 

No comments:

Post a Comment